The goal is to use a coordinated approach to provide involved professionals with information they need to make decisions that improve tree performance. Understanding how factors interact to influence tree growth, mortality and longevity is fundamental to actualizing the value of urban forests through:
- tree selection (matching trees with site conditions)
- modification of site conditions to foster desired tree performance
- targeting tree care and monitoring to improve return on investment
- predicting tree replacement needs due to mortality
- modeling of tree benefits and costs
Featured UTGL Project
The UTGL Working Group is leading an initiative to develop Monitoring Protocols for Urban Trees. Click below to find out more about the Monitoring Protocols.